Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Feeling sentimental...

So, we just got home from Amarillo where we met our new niece, Emma. She's a doll! Seeing her made me think of my own children when they were born and how miraculous it is to be given something so "fresh from God" as they say. It is truly an amazing experience. I've spent the last 15 minutes looking at Truett and Claire's baby pictures from when they were born and I could almost put myself right back into that moment and re-live the feelings I had at those specific times.

Truett's birth ended up being the best and worst day of my life all rolled into one. We were so excited to see our 1st child and assumed it would be a piece of cake. I didn't even pay attention in lamaze classes because I just knew the epidural would save me and I wouldn't need all those breathing techniques anyway. Wrong! It was the slowest labor ever. My blood pressure was sky high and to make matters worse, my epidural ran out at about 8pm. Truett was not born until 1:31 the next morning so that meant 5.5 hours of pure misery! They ended up using the vacuum to finally get him out. I was starving, exhausted, in shock, and in major pain. The labor was 18 hours total, but in the end I still got my baby boy. He was beautiful and immediately became the center of our attention!

Claire's birth was the complete opposite. Hallelujah! By the time I checked into the hospital to be induced I was already 40 weeks pregnant and 4 centimeters dilated. We started the induction at 8am and Claire was born at 1:24pm. My epidural was a dream come true and I even napped during labor! She came out like a champ and was the most beautiful little girl I had ever seen! As they wheeled me to my hospital room, I had never felt so relieved in my life that things had gone so smoothly. She immediately became the princess of the family!

Anyway, this post is really pointless, but I'm all sentimental tonight after seeing baby Emma and it made me realize how special my children are and my time with them. Now it just wouldn't be right if I didn't add some pictures in here so forgive me, but I'm addicted to pictures!

My Claire-Bear, 7 hours old
Claire
Daddy & Claire, 1 hour old
Truett (1 day old) & Mema
Mommy & Truett


3 comments:

Abby Reed said...

aww, sweet babies. I can NOT wait to have my own... :)

Abby Reed said...

PS: I just thought of a blog that I would love to read: how you came up with your babies' names. I kind of know the story behind Claire's first name... but how did you come up with such adorable names?

Anonymous said...

I can still remember when they were just little babies. They are growing up so fast. But i love everyday with them, something new is always happeing. I am so grateful to have such a wonderful niece and nephew