Sunday, July 13, 2008

Happy 7 years to us! (a few days late)

Yes, I know - I'm a few days late, but I still wanted to honor our special day. Last Tuesday (July 7), Rhett and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary. Wow, things have sure changed in that 7 years! We have:

purchased and renovated 2 homes - lived in both
both graduated from college with Bachelors degrees and Rhett with a Masters degree
had 2 children
moved from Lubbock to Brownfield
bought goats and a llama
been on many short trips and longer vacations
welcomed new family members
lost loved ones

I could go on and on. It's just amazing how different things are 7 years later. For those that don't know, Rhett and I meant when we were 14. He lived in Littlefield and I lived in Amherst. Our parents used to take us to each others houses since we couldn't even drive at that time. We dated on and off until our junior year in high school, when we finally reunited for good. I knew at that time I would marry him one day. We were married July 7, 2001 at the First United Methodist church in Amherst, TX where I grew up. We've been through times times and lots of happy times and have made many memories together. We often discuss how special it is that we have memories going back to our junior high and high school days together. I couldn't ask for a better husband and father for my children!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't read much yet, just looking at the pics, but you were beautiful in this one! Wow! Congrats on the 7 years.

I am also happy you have a blog. I read a ton of blogs, but I don't actually know anyone. yah!

Susan said...

You have made the best couple and parents. We love yall very much after 7 years, you have given us 2 of the most beautiful grandbabies.Need some more. hehe