My friend, Abby, requested that I write a blog explaining how Rhett and I decided on our childrens' names. So Abby, your wish is my command! ;)
When I was pregnant the first time Rhett came home one day before we found out if it was a boy or girl. A man had been in his office earlier that day named Truett and Rhett was bound and determined that if we had a boy his name would be Truett. I really wanted Carter. We argued about it for several weeks, but we had already decided the middle name for a boy would be James, after Rhett's grandfather. He is such an honorable man and I wouldn't have had it any other way. So fast forward to the day of our big sonogram where we found out the gender. The technician was looking around and asked me, "What names do you have picked out?" I laughed because I didn't want to go into details about our argument over names, but I started saying how Rhett wanted the name Truett James for a boy. Before I could finish my explanation, she interrupted me and said, "Well, it looks like you have a Truett James then!" It just felt wrong to change the name after that and pretty soon the name Truett grew on me.
Now onto pregnancy #2. We thought for sure we were having another boy so we mainly had boy names chosen. My choices for a boy were Brenner and Holden. The first girl name I liked was Kamden. Rhett hated the name Kamden and wanted the name Claire instead. We had already decided we were going to use the name Allie, after my great-grandmother who was the most caring person I have ever known. I liked the sound of Kamden Allie and Katelyn Allie. Rhett just wasn't sold on either one and didn't think they went well with the name Truett. It was a really hard decision because the name Allie was already set in stone, but Claire Allie just doesn't sound right. We were hesitant to name our baby girl Allie Claire because of the whole confusion of going by your middle name, but finally decided upon Allie Claire because it was the only thing we both liked. Honestly, I mainly agreed on the name Claire because I thought it would be so cute to call her Claire-Bear. LOL
Anyway, that is how Truett James and Allie Claire came to be!
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
awww, I think you have the cutest names ever for your babies!!!! I like Truett because it's kind of similar to Rhett (in the spelling) and of course, Claire is just such a pretty, feminine name. Good job Mr. & Mrs. Kerby
PS: I know a lil girl named Claire Kirby... kind of neat.
Post a Comment