Rhett and I have witnessed this domino effect many many times during our home renovating tasks. You fix one tiny thing in the house, then suddenly everything has to be updated. This time, we decided to get a new bedroom suite. So, we spent 2 days searching for the perfect one. We also ended up getting a new mattress set. Then, we got up this morning and decided to repaint our bedroom. Now all the sudden we want different bedding, different curtains, new carpet, new decor on the walls, a new TV, the whole shebang! I guess we didn't want our new furniture to look shabby in our 'old' room.
I would post pictures, but our furniture won't be here until Thursday. We did however bring the mattress set home and WOW! I guess we never knew what we were missing. The set we had came from my grandma's house and there is no telling how long she had it before giving it to us. Let's just say it was definitely time for a new one!
On a side note, I'm so proud of myself for haggling the furniture store people, haha. We looked for 2 days and were becoming really frustrated and ready to give up. I finally decided to go back to the first place we went because that was the only bedroom suite I really loved. They had already told me the night before that they wouldn't give it to me with the mattresses for the price I wanted to pay, but we went back in there a second time and I put my haggling skills to use. (Thanks, Mom, for teaching me everything you know :) We got the deal we wanted and walked out of there actually feeling like we got a good deal.
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
You go girl,I am proud of you !!
Mom
Gotcha a High-dollar Marshmallow huh?...good job...Don & Ida
Post a Comment