Thursday, October 2, 2008

catching up...

I feel like I haven't sat down to write a 'good' blog in forever! I'm just now starting to realize how much work 2 children can be, especially now that Claire is getting into everything. Our new bedroom furniture came today. The delivery guys had everything put together and set up before 9am! I'm thinking either the furniture grew or our bedroom shrunk overnight!? I had no idea the furniture was that large. Not really take up too much floor space type of large, but just really tall and robust as Rhett put it. Once I get some stuff back on the walls I will post some pics! Oh yeah, I'm happy to report that since having our new mattress, I have not tossed and turned or even woken up one time during the night....OK except when one of the kids wakes me up. I feel like we've been missing out the past 8 years with our ancient creaky mattress and box springs...more like box with a bunch of broken springs!

Truett is just changing everyday. He seems so mature for his age and is just a little sponge wanting to learn everything. Lately he has been calling me some of the "pet names" I call him and Claire and it's hilarious. I will ask him to do something or call his name and he replies, "What'd you say, sweetie?" or my favorite, "What'd you say princess?" Cracks me up everytime. He is loving "Thursday school" which is for 3 and 4 year olds. He comes home everytime singing a new song. Today he learned a song listing the books of the Old Testament. Everytime I pick him up he asks me if I missed him while he was gone. ;) Here is a picture of him with his art project from school today...
Claire is still getting into everything. She's not showing any signs of walking yet, but I'm definitely not in a hurry for that! She has 4 teeth now, except they're not all the front teeth like most children. She looks like a little baby vampire. ;) Of course, she's still beautiful as ever though! I cannot believe her birthday is less than 2 months away! I can tell that her ears are still bothering her, but they're not infected so that's good. Just that pesky fluid that won't go away! She goes back to the doctor next week so he can evaluate her ear situation and decide where to go from there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the furniture...I'm sure it's beautiful! Love the pics...they are just adorable!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Sounds like the kids are doing great! I'm jealous of the new furniture...I want a new bedroom set so bad!

Abby Reed said...

I'm excited to see the new furniture!!!