Thankfully, everyone was over being sick by Saturday and Claire's birthday party went on as planned. Some of the decorations are still hanging...proof that my little girl is 1 (well, she will be Friday, hehe) It's almost as if I don't want to take them down because once I do, she will just be that much closer to being 2!
I was still in the kitchen Friday night around midnight decorating and putting the finishing touches on the cake and I remember Rhett saying, "this is the moment you've always been waiting for, isn't it?" He was right....I guess he could see the excitement beaming from inside me. I've always looked forward to having a little girl and doing all the girly-girl things with her and for her. Planning her party and buying the supplies needed for it was so much fun for me!
Anyway, we had lots of family and friends over to share in this special day with us and to help Claire celebrate her 1st birthday. Thanks to everyone who came or sent her well wishes for her birthday!
I'm a bit disappointed in the pictures...I don't think she cracked a smile for any of them! I think she was overwhelmed with so many people and didn't know what to do with all the gifts and cake around her. :)
I was still in the kitchen Friday night around midnight decorating and putting the finishing touches on the cake and I remember Rhett saying, "this is the moment you've always been waiting for, isn't it?" He was right....I guess he could see the excitement beaming from inside me. I've always looked forward to having a little girl and doing all the girly-girl things with her and for her. Planning her party and buying the supplies needed for it was so much fun for me!
Anyway, we had lots of family and friends over to share in this special day with us and to help Claire celebrate her 1st birthday. Thanks to everyone who came or sent her well wishes for her birthday!
I'm a bit disappointed in the pictures...I don't think she cracked a smile for any of them! I think she was overwhelmed with so many people and didn't know what to do with all the gifts and cake around her. :)
the table
giant cupcake - cake
blowing out the candle

cake in the ear!







3 comments:
The party turned out GREAT...Happy Birthday Claire-Bear!
Yay, glad it went off without a hitch! I was thinking about you guys this weekend -- happy b-day Claire!
Man, it really does seem like yesterday when she was born....
That birthday outfit is way cute!
Post a Comment