Wednesday, November 5, 2008

moments to treasure

From time to time you will hear me complaining about staying at home. It's not that I don't love it, it just gets frustrating at times and I need somewhere to vent. However, lately I have really been trying to cherish every single moment I have at home with my children. The thought of Truett starting pre-school next year really put me into this mindset that I don't have much time left with him where it's just us spending time together. Since this "epiphany" I have started noticing the little things that I treasure about Truett and Claire more often. I wanted to start a list of those things and I thought this would be a great place to start. So, from time to time I will have a "moments to treasure" post listing one or more things that I currently treasure about the kids and our family and one day I know I will miss these things terribly! So, here is my list for today...

1. I know one day I will miss those hundreds of hot wheels cars placed all over my house...even in my bed...

2. I love my ClaireBear's sweet little giggle and how she throws her head back so we will tickle her neck.

3. One day when my kids are on their own and my house is quiet, I know I will miss their laughter, their cries, and even them calling my name in the middle of the night...

4. When my kids are older and I have more time to clean my house, I know I will miss those fingerprints and nose smudges on every surface imaginable...

5 comments:

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Very well put. I think those things all the time, and it makes me cry!

Rhett said...

Those little things are so special to me too...even though sometimes they make me want to pull my hair out (what I have left). Some things that I know I will cherish always are:

1) Watching ClaireBear dance whenever she hears music

2) Watching Truett "rock-out" on his guitar

3) Truett always begging me to push him in the swing, wrestle with him, play cars, or just play with him.

4) When Claire crawls up to me wanting me to hold her and she lays her head on my shoulder.

5) Truett always asking me if I have to go to work tomorrow and when I am at work he is always asking me to come home and play with him.

6) Watching Claire play with Truett's cars and tractors and Kylee wondering when Claire is going to start playing with girly toys. ;)

I love yall so much!!! <>

Don and Ida said...

You're a great writer Kylee...and a great Mom...DDH

Anonymous said...

Very sweet...life seems to be so hectic nowadays, but as Moms, it's great to take a step back and make "notes" of all the things we cherish about our children...after all, they're only little for a short time!

Abby Reed said...

oh, this is just so precious.