One year ago today, our little Claire-Bear entered this world. It's hard to believe an entire year has already passed with her in our lives. Everytime I think about her birth the song "I saw God today" by George Strait starts playing in my head.
Just walked down the street to the coffee shop,
Had to take a break
I'd been by her side for 18 hours straight.
Saw a flower growin' in the middle of the sidewalk,
Pushin' up through the concrete
Like it was planted right there for me to see
The flashin' lights
The honkin' horns
All seemed to fade away
In the shadow of that hospital room at 5:08
I saw God today
I've been to church
I've read the book
I know he's here
But I don't look
Near as often as I should
Yeah, I know I should
His fingerprints are everywhere
I just slowed down to stop and stare
Opened my eyes and man I swearI
saw God today
Got my face pressed up against the nursery glass
She's sleepin' like a rock
My name on her wrist
Wearin' tiny pink socks
She's got my nose, she's got her mama's eyes
My brand new baby girl
She's a miracle
I saw God today.
When we first learned I was expecting Claire, Rhett and I were such "planners." We had to have every aspect of our lives planned out. Learning that I was pregnant was the biggest shock of my life. Of course, it turned out to be the best surprise I've ever been given. It was at that time we realized that WE are not in control. God is in full control and gave us this "gift" for a reason. It was almost like a breath of fresh air....we no longer had to micro-manage everything...we could finally relax and fall into God's able hands.
On this day one year ago, I felt extremely blessed...blessed to be given this gift. It was the best day of my life. I cry about it everytime it crosses my mind. Of course, Truett's birthday was miraculous as well, but this time I knew what to expect and I already knew how to be a mommy so there weren't any first time mom worries or concerns. Holding my baby girl was one of the proudest moments of my life. I have always wanted a daughter and now I had one. I truly saw God that day.
leaving for the hospital @ 6am
patiently waiting for my baby girl!
Allie "Claire" born at 1:24 pm, weighing 7 lbs. 12 oz. and 21 inches long
1st diaper, thanks Daddy!
Daddy's girl already
Truett meeting baby sis
our ClaireBear




2 comments:
awww, baby Claire. I remember when you were pregnant, too. Wow, I can't believe how much time has flown by :)
Pretty soon it will be time to make another baby ;)
Very well put! Children are such a blessing...and we feel very blessed to have Truett and Claire as our nephew and niece!
Post a Comment