Sunday, December 14, 2008

handmade pledge

I love handmade things. Unfortunately, I don't have much time anymore to spend on my crafts so they're few and far between. However, several months ago I stumbled onto the next best thing...handmade things by OTHER PEOPLE! What a concept! There is a website titled http://www.etsy.com/ where people sell exclusively handmade items. There is a huge variety of items listed. I bought several Christmas gifts from their this year and cannot wait to give them! I also bought one thing for myself. It's a beautiful yet simple little pearl ring made by a very nice lady in Hong Kong. I felt so 'cultured' opening the box that held my ring. I almost wanted to smell everything and try to 'take in' the smell of Hong Kong. It's amazing to think that someone that far away made this ring just for me!

Here is the ring I got (a bargain at only $10!)

I would show my other fabulous finds for Christmas, but I don't want to spoil the surprises just yet!

Want to take the handmade pledge? I did! Click HERE to sign your name to the pledge. Why buy handmade? Click HERE to become more informed.

2 comments:

Abby Reed said...

omg, what great idea -- I am delving into the website as we speak!

that ring is gorgeous!

Abby Reed said...

k, so I found all kinds of fun stuff on that sight -- and I am in love with the jewelry made by the chick who made your ring! I am telling everyone I know about this site!

Thanks!!!!