Wednesday, January 21, 2009

updates!

Claire is feeling OK so far. We finally got a referral to an ENT on January 29th. From what I'm told, they'll more than likely do the surgery the following week. She is still her happy self, but does have moments where you can tell she's in pain. Not only are the infections causing her pain, hearing loss, and speech problems, but they've also been causing balancing problems, which means she falls down a lot. Her mouth is a magnet to hard objects (or so it seems) when she falls because within the past 5 days she has fallen and busted her lip THREE times! I'm so ready for her to feel better! Other than that, she's growing up so much. She loves to mimic me and put lotion on, brush her hair, and use my makeup brushes. She's fascinated in watching me blowdry my hair. I guess she's well-rounded though because she also loves playing outside with the boys and getting dirty....VERY dirty!

Truett is still, well, Truett....ornery as ever, but yet as sweet as he can be at the same time. His favorite thing to do is drive his PowerWheels jeep and feed the goats hay through the fence. He talks about going camping and fishing everyday...he loves it! He takes care of his baby sister and tells me anytime she's doing something she's not supposed to. He also takes care of lil' Cooper...holds him, lets him sleep in his lap, feeds him, and lets him outside to potty. He's becoming a great little helper in many ways...he loves to help cook, and even clean up the kitchen after meals (or at least put dishes in the sink and food in the fridge), pick up the playroom, and basically anything else that needs to be done. He's still loving Thursday school and I know he'll be excited in the fall to start pre-school....though his mommy will miss him!!

I am more determined than ever to get caught up on my scrapbooks and photo albums...that as, as soon as I finish the last Twilight book, hehe. I also forgot to mention last week that I am teaching GA's (Girls in Action) at our church on Wednesday nights now. I'm filling in for someone on maternity leave for several months, but hope to have a permanent position even when she comes back. I am teaching 1st-3rd graders so that should be an adventure! It will be nice to do something productive outside of my home and Truett will be able to go with me to his own class so that's a plus too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like everyone is staying busy! Sweet Claire...I can't wait until she gets the much needed relief! And Truett...sounds like he's so much help! He's growing up WAY too fast!