Tuesday, January 20, 2009

we're back!

After 3 1/2 long years, Rhett and I were finally able to do something without the munchkins. Mom kept the kiddos and Cooper (and I'm told he was way worse than either kid, haha) and we spent the weekend in Ruidoso, NM. It took most of the first day to just 'have fun' and get out of 'parent mode.' I really wanted to relax and sleep while I was childless :) but we decided to do things we could only do by ourselves so we went to the movies, out to eat at nice restaurants, to a casino, and snow skiing! I spent more time on the ground than actually skiing, but it was fun...despite being sore from my chin all the way to my ankles the next day. I also took a nasty fall right on the back of my head that took a good hour for me to come back to my senses, but we ended up having a great time. There were several times that Rhett had to help me get back onto my feet while skiing so he lovingly labeled this time our "marriage exercises." At the casino, I put a dollar in and immediately won $14...and if you know me and how cheap I am...you would be able to guess that I cashed out right then! HAHA! Anyway, the best part of the trip was just being able to talk to each other. Sounds silly, but with a 3 year old and a 1 year old, we can barely carry on a conversation most of the time. I'm glad we were able to go and hope we can do it again (sooner than 3 1/2 years from now!) Thanks for keeping the kids, mom!

where we stayed

relaxing!
even more relaxing by the fire
on one of the ski lifts

3 comments:

Abby Reed said...

awww, I am so glad you had such a good time!!!!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I'm so glad you had fun! You deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Ya'll have pretty teeth.