Monday, February 9, 2009

updates

Well, Claire is back to her happy self...getting into all the cabinets, climbing on everything, and prancing around like Miss America herself. What a relief! Rhett and I are glad that the whole ear tubes ordeal is in the past. She is definitely trying to talk more and pays close attention when she hears people talking so it won't be long before she's talking up a storm. She loves being outside....we can't wait for the warmer weather! If all the doors aren't locked you can bet that she'll be in the backyard and as soon as she sees me, she takes off running. She also is starting to "accessorize." :-) Yesterday while we were getting ready for church she saw me grab my small pearl necklace out of my jewelry box and she motioned that she wanted it, so I put it around her neck and she just looked at it like she had just found a treasure. Needless to say, I went to church bare necked and she sported Mommy's necklace. She then wanted to wear it the rest of the day. Today she snatched one of my pink purses and has been carrying it around the house on her shoulder all day.

Here is Miss Priss herself, still sporting my necklace, even with her PJs on!

Truett is still a little sponge...soaking up anything and everything around him. He asks about a zillion questions per day and remembers every answer you tell him. When the weather is bad outside we allow him to play the Wii sometimes and let me tell you, he is better than me! He was playing Mario Kart last night and did exceptionally well. I was in shock! He and Rhett had their own little adventure Friday night. Most of last week was dedicated to Claire's doctor appointments and her surgery so Truett needed a little fun time. Rhett spent hours that afternoon getting the pop-up camper ready, building a campfire, etc.. and they camped in the backyard. Truett was beyond excited. He has also been saying the funniest things lately...really shows how much he's growing up. Earlier while riding in the car a song from the movie CARS came on and he said, "Turn it up, Mom! This is MY song!" My little boy has a song already?! This one's for you Truett!

http://www.yallwire.com/player/rascalflattslifeisahighway.html?detect_mediatype=flv&detect_bitrate=_300&big=1

As for the rest of us, Cooper is still doing great. Ornery, yet sweet at the same time. He loves the kids and has a bundle of energy! Rhett is starting to prepare a plethora of fishing/camping/boating trips this summer. I'm really enjoying teaching GA's at church and have started a few new projects at home, while still trying to catch up on my scrapbooks. Once I finish my project I'm thinking of even doing a give-away on my blog so stay tuned!

3 comments:

kim said...

thats a cute update and sofia loves purses too

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Great updates! I'm so glad to hear that Claire is doing better! Just wait until she wants to leave the house in a tutu and feather boa! ;)

Elizabeth said...

SO happy they're doing great! And I love that he has his own song :) Zander chose one for himself too. Whenever Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours" comes on the radio, he will run to find me in whichever room I'm at and make me watch him dance. For some reason, it's only that song!!