Claire loves her thumb. When she was a baby we weren't sure that we wanted her sucking her thumb, but after weeks of trying to get her to take a pacifier with no luck we finally gave in. It has been really nice...just like a pacifier that you can't lose and you always have it with you. For a long time she only sucked her thumb when she was going to sleep, but lately she has started sucking it more...for comfort mainly. I think toddlers are just changing and growing so much that they need that little extra bit of comfort sometimes.
She loves her thumb so much that lately she has been trying to share it with anyone who will let her. She comes up to me several times a day wanting to 'share' her thumb. She also does it to Truett, Rhett, and even Cooper! Before that she was always trying to get her baby cousin, Emma, to suck her thumb. Sounds gross, but it's actually pretty cute. I've been trying to get a picture of her doing it, but no luck. She always stops when she sees the camera.
Anyway, I know that was a random post about Claire and her love affair with her thumb, but some day I will look back on this post and it will bring me many great memories of my little thumb-sucker.
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
So sweet!!
Post a Comment