Whew! We had a busy busy weekend! Saturday we had a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese where the kids had lots of fun. Then Truett stayed over at Rhett's parents house while we did a little shopping in the 'big city' looking for spring/summer kids clothes and a few things to spruce up Truett's bedroom and make it look a bit more big-boyish. I've been putting that task off for months now. I told myself after Claire's birthday party I was going to start on his room, then it was after Christmas, and here it is March already. Rhett and his brother Landon went to a "man store" while Ashley and I, along with Emma and Claire, ventured into Hobby Lobby in search of the perfect kids room decor. It was nice to have someone throw out ideas and give me feedback. I swear Hobby Lobby is like a drug for me...once I go in I have to make myself leave. We were in there for an hour and a half! I think we're both similar in the fact that our houses are always changing, haha. We're constantly doing some sort of decorating or re-decorating. I don't think my house has stopped evolving since we bought our first home 8 years ago. I started working on some of the decor last night, but I'll wait until I'm almost finished to show pictures. I think it's going to look great!
Sunday we re-arranged Truett's bedroom and took down the "babyish" things. That was really sad for me because I spent hours painting a lot of the decor while I was huge and pregnant with Truett. I remember my feet and ankles were so swolen I could barely walk, but I sat at our kitchen table with my feet propped up for several nights in a row painting everything while Rhett was gone on a business trip. I guess now that he's on the verge of being 4 years old I've held onto them long enough, but it was sure heartbreaking to take them down. My baby is growing up! Afterwards Rhett's family brought Truett home and spent the rest of the day hanging out at our house playing baseball. Here are a few of the precious things we put away:
Monday, March 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I can't wait to see the finished room. It is so hard packing away those baby decorations. I had the hardest time when I did that with Dylan. And don't feel bad-I still haven't finished his room. I'm thinking of getting his new bedding and curtains this week.
I had fun at Hobby Lobby...I can't wait to see how the decor turns out! I think Truett will love his new 'big boy' room!
Aww, baby Truett is not a baby anymore... can't wait to see how the bedroom turns out!!
Oh, and I agree about Hobby Lobby being a drug!!! If I could crunch it up and SNORT it, I would ;)
Post a Comment