Rhett and I spent most of Saturday preparing our house and food for our guests the next day. That night we had a birthday party for my nephew who was in town from Kerrville.
Sunday morning most of my family came to church with Rhett, the kids, and I and watched as Rhett and I were baptized. We are now officially members of our church! It was a pretty special moment. Rhett was already in the water waiting for me, helped me down the stairs, then helped our pastor as he put me under water. Then Rhett was baptized himself. It was a really neat experience, especially since we did it together. After that my family came back out to our house and we had lunch, another Easter egg hunt, then took some pictures. I was hoping for some outdoor shots, but the wind just didn't allow. Our egg hunt was rushed after discovering that Cooper was opening all of the eggs and eating the candy while we were getting the kids ready. Crazy dog!
I felt really proud when it was all over that we had also spent a lot of time teaching Truett about the true meaning of Easter. He also learned a lot about it during Thursday school and Mission Friends. By Sunday, he could already recite basically the entire story of the resurrection.




5 comments:
Great story...great photos...but YOU ARE KYLEE K PHOTOGRAPHY!!...congratulations on becoming members of the church...good luck and God Bless each of you in the days and years ahead...DDH
Kylee, our baptisms were truly special and sacred to me. I am so grateful that you and I made the journey together. I love you so much.
It looks like you had a great Easter!
i love that dress on the second egg hunt. she is so stylish... she is a little angel. truett looks cute too. sounds like you had an eventful and awesome easter
What a great Easter to remember...and the kids are adorable...gotta love Claire tuggin' that big basket around! LOL!
Post a Comment