Sunday, June 21, 2009

Fathers Day

Well, as I'm sure you already know...today is Fathers Day! If you have been reading my blog lately you know that I am on vacation, but wrote this in advance and set it up to post today. :-)

Today I am blessed to have a wonderful father for my children. We truly couldn't ask for anything more. He loves us and would do anything for us. He is kind, caring, respectful, loving, and just an overall great person. Happy Fathers Day, Rhett!
Even though I'm writing this in advance, I know how much I'll be missing my own father today. Not a day goes by that I don't think of him. Here is a special little something that I made for him several years ago (at least 15 yrs ago) in Sunday school for Fathers Day. It's a book made out of wood with both of our handprints and this sweet little poem....
Loving Dad, so meek and mild
Look upon a little child.
Pity my simplicity,
Teach me, Dad, to be like thee.
Help me, Dad, throughout the day
That in my work and in my play
My thoughts and deeds and words may be
Controlled and guided, just like thee.
As I grow, Dad, day by day
I pray my wisdom someday may
Be great as yours in all I do
Dad, I just want to be like you!

3 comments:

milano desen said...

This is a very nice and positive article.
With kind regards
Milano

kim said...

how sweet

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

That's a sweet post, Kylee!
By the way, I tagged you for an award. :)