Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Our Family Vacation 09

Whew! I have finally sifted through all of our vacation pictures from Lake Conroe. We had a really great time. It was SO nice to just focus on the 4 of us for a week and not worry about anything else. We spent every second together...just doing things we don't normally get to do or wouldn't do. I really tried to be laid back and let the kids enjoy themselves...eat sugar, get dirty, play in the splash park in their nice clothes, etc.. We enjoyed many things such as...visiting the aquarium, the Houston zoo, going out in the boat, swimming in the pool, going to the beach in Galveston, visiting Schlitterbahn, and doing some shopping of course.
Keep in mind I wanted to relax on vacation so I was there as a mommy and wife...not a photographer. Most of the time I didn't even use my fancy schmancy camera...
I took this pic on Fathers' Day
We took Rhett out for dinner for Fathers' Day and Truett took this pic of me...
On our first night, we drove the boat to a McDonalds on the water...the kids loved it!
about to go swimming...our little princess!
Truett is ready to go!the little diva prefers to sit poolside and sip water
little daredevil!
The "Downtown Aquarium"Riding the carousel at the aquarium
ferris wheel...when you're at the top, you're higher than the large overpasses in Houston...miss priss wanted to hang over the edge so I was having to hold her down...
Truett and Daddy on the carousel
Houston Zoo-100+ degrees and high humidity=VERY HOT...Truett sitting in front of the giraffes
Wow! Look at that!
Cooling down with a sno-cone...
Riding the train around the zoo
Quite possibly the sweetest picture in existance...(still on the zoo train)
playing in the sand at a Galveston beach
Our ClaireBear (19 months old)
Truett (or as Claire lovingly calls him, "T") 1 month shy of being 4 years old
until next time...

5 comments:

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Great pictures! It looks like you had a wonderful time!

milano desen said...

Beautiful pictures of a wonderful vacation.

With kind regards
Milano

Abby Reed said...

Aww, I enjoyed those pics... you definitely deserved such a great vacation! Being a mommy and business owner is tough stuff -- so I'm glad you got to relax for a little while... Now back to WORK! LOL!

Don said...

Cool....

kim said...

wow those are all great claire is so precious especially on the beach photos...she is a doll