I can't tell you how many people have been asking me if Truett is starting Kindergarten next year. Then when I tell them he is indeed, I immediately prepare myself for a lecture on how we should wait, he's too young, he'll only be 17 when he graduates, yada yada yada. I apologize in advance if this turns into a venting post, but bear with me. Back in December Rhett and I thought long and hard and were very stressed out about this decision. We decided to start him mid-year in Pre-K and see how well he did and if he did good we would proceed with Kindergarten. He did GREAT in Pre-K. Seriously, I was so proud of him and his teacher bragged on him daily. He is also part of an awesome class at a good school. We are still confident in our decision. However, people have just been driving me nuts lately with their comments. I mean, being a parent is hard! Really hard. It's hard enough without people constantly doubting your decision and shoving their thoughts down your throat.
Anyway, now that we have that over with....Truett is going to Kindergarten in the fall and he is thrilled!!
Monday, June 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
It's a hard decision-one that many parents have to make. I hope he loves Kindergarten!
patrick is going too and he is only about a month older than truett. I know its kinda early but they will be 5 by K and they should do fine. truett seems very smart and very capable of doing wonderful there.
Post a Comment