Monday, July 21, 2008

about that project I mentioned

Yesterday Rhett and I went to the Veterans War Memorial in Lubbock. A few years ago we all pitched in to buy his grandpa a brick with his name at the memorial and we just realized he has never even seen the memorial or his own brick. So, we went armed and ready with both of our digital cameras, trying to capture the entire memorial. I must say it was a very humbling experience to be there. It was a beautiful sunny day...bright blue skies....nice breeze. You could hear the flags whipping in the wind. I can't express the emotions I felt just being there among all those names. Each one represents a person from this area who fought for our freedom so unselfishly. It was truly amazing and moving.

Back to the project. We decided to make a collage for his grandpa showcasing a picture of him in his uniform while in WWII, pictures from the war memorial, and a picture of his actual brick. Then, we're going to put the rest of the pictures in a book for him. Here are just a few of the pictures...





2 comments:

Jess said...

Awesome idea! Can't wait to see the finished project. I'm sure it will turn out perfect.

Anonymous said...

Isn't that a great memorial? Andrews grandfather has a stone there too.