Monday, July 21, 2008

updates on the kiddos

Instead of making several posts about new stuff the kiddos are doing, I thought I'd update you in one gigantic post!

Truett is a few weeks shy of being 3 years old. He is so excited about his birthday party and begs to go to his party everyday. I made his invitations and ordered them several days ago. They came in and he was in love with them! Mainly because they have Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater on them. He loves his baby sister more than ever and tells her that all the time. Anytime she cries he tells me to get her or give her a bottle. He tells her how pretty she is and calls her ClaireBear. It's so cute! He has been saying the complete alphabet for a few months now. I'm hoping to get a video of it on here soon. He can also pick out any letter of the alphabet and find it on his little Fisher Price laptop. He also just figured out how to ride his tricycle. Before he was just scooting along. His vocabulary has grown immensely and he talks nonstop. He also asks "Why?" all the time. He loves playing with any type of car, truck, or tractor. His favorite foods right now are grapes, PB&J, corn dogs, Mexican food, and lasagna. He also loves going to Burger King. He loves the color red and tells me everyday he wants red toys for his birthday. He's really into "Toy Story" right now and also "Super Why" and "Caillou" on PBS. He is so full of energy and keeps us entertained and on our toes! Here are a few recent pics of him...

showing me what he made at VBS

we found a baby bunny in our backyard


Claire is a week shy of being 8 months old. She is still the princess of the family. I'm afraid her head is growing by the minute because we're constantly telling her how beautiful she is. She just started crawling a few days ago after several weeks of scooting and rocking on all 4's. She has been sitting up on her own for a while now and loves being part of the action. She wants to play with Truett so bad. She is also going from sitting to crawling. It's funny to see her move around. She can definitely get where she wants to go even if she has to use a combination of rolling, scooting, and crawling. She really improved today and has been getting into everything. She loves Gerber Puffs and would eat them all the time. She's been picking them up and feeding them to herself for a little over a month now. We also just gave her the biter biscuits and she loves them too. Of course she makes a huge mess! She's had just about all the different baby foods and isn't too picky so far. She does refuse to eat peas and vegetable ham dinner though. I can't say I blame her. :) She's getting better with the sippy cup and enjoys playing with it. She loves playing peek-a-boo. She also loves playing with Truett's cars. She has definitely developed her own little personality lately. She brings so much joy to our lives. Here are a few recent pics...

1st biter biscuit

what a big girl! playing outside in the swing

3 comments:

Abby Reed said...

aww, I love that sweet Claire always has a bow in her hair :)

Can't wait to see the video of Truett. You have such an precious family!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! It's great that you post blogs on here. The kids are precious as always, and growing wayyyyy too fast! Congrats to Truett on his ABCs, and congrats to baby Claire on crawling! I love it! :) Can't wait to see them again!

Stephani Lindsey said...

I'm glad you posted your blog on MySpace! Now I have another one to visit!

I really need to start blogging more on my own! :)