Thursday, August 21, 2008

Updates on us...

Things have been busy in the Kerby household lately. This past weekend we went to Bridgeport with Rhett's family and enjoyed some time at the lake. The rest of the week we have spent just being at home and being together. It seems like we have not done that much in the past almost 2 years that we have lived here. We're constantly stressed and in a rush to get things finished on our house, or do stuff in the yard that we forget the small things....like being a family. Everynight this week we have spent just playing in the yard, jumping on the trampoline, playing soccer, etc... It's been really nice!

Today we started getting ready for a garage sale. It's amazing how much stuff we accumulate and I hate clutter! My house clutter has become Rhett's storage clutter and we're both ready to get rid of it for good.

The kids are growing like crazy, as usual. Rhett and I were noticing earlier just how much Truett has grown in the past few months. I know he has grown over 6 inches just since Claire was born! He's into the movie "Toy Story" now and has learned to ride his tricycle. He is still obsessed with ranch dressing and requests it at every meal. I haven't decided if this is a bad thing or not. Part of me thinks it's OK, whatever gets him to eat, but the other part of me thinks I'm just asking for it later. I dunno?! You wouldn't believe the stuff he eats it on....PB&J sandwiches, strawberries, oranges, apples, and anything else we're eating. Yum! ;) He had a blast at the lake...driving Uncle Landon's boat with Rhett, fishing, and swimming.

Claire is really growing up too. She weighed in at 18 pounds last week at the doctor when she had an ear infection. She's on the verge of being 9 months old and just started pulling up on furniture and such this past Saturday. I promise I'll have pics and a video of it soon! She's a pro at crawling now and goes where she pleases. She LOVES getting under and behind anything and everything. She is also starting to climb on things and her favorite place is our playroom. She spends most of her time in here, dragging out everything within her reach. What happened to my sweet little girl!? She also clapped for the first time yesterday. We're working on saying "bye bye" and "mama" and waving too. She refuses to eat most baby foods now, so I guess she is officially growing up! One of my favorite things with her right now is how everynight when Rhett and I are putting her to bed she lays on my shoulder for a while, then she reaches for Rhett and cuddles with him for a minute, then back to me, and back and forth, back and forth. Once I turn her crib music player on she immediately pops her thumb in, and lays her head down.

Other than that, it's been the same ol' same ol'. I've got a new craft project going, as usual, hehe. I'm sure I'll be posting about it soon. I'm really excited about it!

Here are a few pictures of us last night...just hanging out with the kiddos...

2 comments:

Abby Reed said...

oh my gosh, in that bottom picture, Claire looks JUST LIKE YOU!!!

Don and Ida said...

Tell Truett to try some Ranch dressin' on french fries...DDH