If you know me very well you know that I love a good dessert, especially one that involves chocolate. I also enjoy making desserts. So, I have been hearing about this diet coke cake for a while now, but was never too interested in it. Then, we were at Cracker Barrel last night and they had a "Double Fudge Coca Cola Cake" on the dessert menu. Now, we didn't actually try it because well, with a 3 year old and a 9 month old who were both cranky from being at the fair and running around Lubbock all day, we were SO ready to get out of that restaurant. Anyway, I couldn't stop thinking about that cake. (I told you I love chocolate!)
Now, off subject a tad. This Cracker Barrel cake reminded me of the diet coke cake so I headed to the grocery store and got the supplies needed to make both cakes. Truett loves helping in the kitchen so he helped me prepare the diet coke cake, which is just 1 boxed cake mix and 1 can of any diet soda. We made cupcakes from the mix and they were really good and extremely moist! I googled it and discovered that it's a Weight Watchers recipe and also found that people ice it with cool whip or a mixture of cool whip and 1 pkg. of fat free pudding mix (the powder). So, a much healthier and actually pretty yummy chocolate cake definitely deserves a blog in my opinion! :)
Back to the Cracker Barrel cake. I'm going to make it and try it tomorrow so we'll see how it turns out!
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Now you have me craving chocolate cake! That sounds so good!!
Post a Comment