Saturday, October 25, 2008

POD

Today's picture is going to be a little different than usual...a before and after picture! I'm really bummed that Rhett and I didn't take more "before" pictures when we moved into our house. I think at the time we thought it looked so bad that we didn't even want proof of it, but now that we have made most of the changes we wanted, we wish we would have taken more pictures! I have a few in an appraisal that was emailed to me, but the file is locked and I can't copy and paste the pictures....to make matters worse the appraiser won't send me the actual files so I guess we will never have true "before" pictures. I hope you can still get the idea though. The 1st picture shows me (pregnant and all) scraping up the old flooring. The previous owners had carpet underneath a wood laminate floor that had lots of water damage. So, we had to take up all of the old wood flooring as well as the carpet and scrape up the glue and padding from the carpet.


This picture was taken from our kitchen, looking at the doorway of the playroom.
This picture is taken from our playroom, looking into the kitchen. Not the best picture, but it gives you an idea of what the cabinets and countertops looked like. We had just put down the backer board that goes underneath ceramic tile....

The finished product! Every square inch of this kitchen was touched in some way by Rhett, myself, or someone in our family....from the entire floor, walls, trim, countertops, cabinets, ceiling, everything!

I'm really proud of our kitchen. It's not perfect, but it's ours and we did it ourselves (meaning us and our entire family!) It has been such a blessing to have a finished kitchen after living here in limbo for so long and not being able to work on the house...for those who don't know about our house situation when we moved here I will be posting a blog about it in a few days to honor the 2 year anniversary.

5 comments:

Jess said...

Your kitchen is wonderful! You guys have done such a great job fixing it all up. A lot of work went into that house and you can tell by the pics. Totally worth it!!!!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

It looks incredible! We are in the process of finishing our kitchen...I hope to have it done by Dylan's birthday and party on the 22nd!

Abby Reed said...

love the wall color!

Don and Ida said...

Kylee...Rhett...

Beautiful!!...there is something very satisfying is 'lookin'back'...and how it was then and how it is now...I (we) are great appreciators in the 'now and then'....and all the hard work it takes to get there...but like you said, you did it yourself and you did it with love...good job...Don and Ida

Anonymous said...

I saw it before...LOL! TOTAL change! A lot of hard work and sweat has been put into that kitchen...but it's all been WELL worth it! I wish we would have taken "before" pictures in our old house as well...I'm definately going to do it this time! LOL!