Thursday, October 30, 2008

put your money where your mouths are!

I'm reluctant to even write a blog about politics because personally, I think we hear enough about it on TV and read enough about it on the internet and I'm starting to become annoyed with it. This is going to be a little different though. I was reading an article earlier about how much money has been spent on the the presidential campaigning and it really made me sick. I'm not directing this toward either political party....I'm talking about this in general. Millions upon MILLIONS of dollars have been spent on both candidates parading around the United States, T.V. commercials, an entire T.V. channel, signs, flyers, etc...

Now, imagine this...What if that money was spent on something that was actually USEFUL? There's a thought! Our candidates can perform speech after speech saying the same things over and over, but wouldn't it be nice if they actually could prove what they were promising? For example, how far do you think these millions of dollars would go in investing into a healthcare plan or the economic crisis or even helping the U.S. become more "green" as they say. I would be so much more impressed with a candidate who used the ridiculous amounts of money they raise on something they continue to preach about day after day rather than hear empty promises and guaranteeing change. So, there it is. My rant for the month, hehe. In closing, put your money where your mouths are!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN to that!