Friday, October 31, 2008

updates

It's that time again...time for updates on the kiddos and what's been going on in our lives. Truett has officially hit the terrible 3's. He really keeps us on our toes, but what else would you expect from a little boy!? It's amazing how fast he is learning right now. His vocabulary expands by the minute. He even told me the other day that he was "frustrated." He is really loving Thursday school now and was so proud when I picked him up yesterday because he says he's no longer scared of Betsy Bunny. I wish our town had more activities like Thurs. school for 3 year olds, but I have decided to just enjoy this last year of him being solely at home with me since next year he will start preschool.

I have been struggling with whether or not my decision to stay at home with the kids was the best decision. I think what triggered it was seeing Truett at the trunk-or-treat Sunday night. Most of the other kids were playing together and running around and Truett is normally really shy and stands to the side. Once he gets to know you or gets comfortable around you, he's a ball of fire though. It was then that I started feeling guilty thinking that I have made him this way by keeping him at home with me. After a few tears and talking about it I felt better. I think part of it is that Truett is pretty sensitive and just a genuine sweet little boy inside. I feel more confident with my decision today. We've made so many sacrifices for me to be able to stay at home and although some days it is very stressful, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Oh yes, Truett told me the absolute sweetest thing ever. We were sitting at the bar eating lunch one day and he said in his sweet little voice, "Mama, you're my best friend!" It really made my day and I will definitely never forget that moment.

Claire is now officially 11 months old. When I became pregnant with her I couldn't imagine what we were going to do and how we were going to manage 2 children, but I thank God for her everyday and I can't imagine how my life would have been if God had not blessed me with her. She is truly a blessing in every shape and form.

She really studies Truett and how he plays, etc.. and has started copying him. She also loves to dance and anytime she hears music she starts dancing. She loves watching Truett sing and play his guitar. She's still not walking on her own, but it won't be long! Her top middle teeth finally came through and are growing like crazy so she looks like a true little girl now. Her current vocabulary consists of: mama, dada, byebye, and go and lots of other jibberish that sounds plain adorable.

I think she finally got over the ear infections. She still has fluid on her left ear that will not go away. Our dr. here is not concerned about it, but we're going to be taking her to our pediatrician soon to get a second opinion. I'm mainly worried about hearing loss and having the constant fluid on her ear is a breeding ground for more ear infections and is probably also bothersome to her.

I don't have any new pictures right now, but check back tomorrow for our Halloween pictures!

No comments: