Wednesday, November 19, 2008

bump in the road

We were supposed to spend this week getting ready for Claire's party...making cakes and cupcakes, cleaning our house, etc... Wrong! Everyone has the stomach bug, except me, which means nothing is getting done around here and the mess is continuing to grow! I am just praying that it doesn't hit me. I would be devastated if I missed my ClaireBear's 1st birthday party! Plus, Thanksgiving is next week and I'm really looking forward to my Mom's famous dressing :) To add to the stress, I am making Claire's cake myself because I love doing it, regardless of how much time or stress it entails. I did out-source the cupcakes to a local bakery to save a little time.

We are also getting new carpet tomorrow, which is throwing another wrench in our plans for birthday preparations, but it will be totally worth it. We have been waiting on this day for 2 years now and are finally able to do it. Of course I'll have before and after pics in a few days.

Please pray that everyone gets better before this weekend and that it stays that way until at least after Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope everyone is feeling better! Can't wait to see you guys on Saturday!

Abby Reed said...

I hope you don't get sick until after Thanksgiving :) Just kidding -- I hope you don't get sick at all!!!!