Tuesday the 23rd we had Christmas with my family at my mom's house. It's always fun when you get any of my siblings together, haha. Truett and Claire were still feeling terrible, especially Claire. Here are a few pictures...



On our way home after lunch I took the opportunity to explain to Truett the meaning of Christmas and how it's not all about toys. We talked about it being Jesus's birthday and even sang "Happy Birthday" to him. Truett mentioned that we should have made Jesus a birthday cake so I told him we would start doing that next year. When we got home that night we celebrated here at our house, just us 4. Truett was feeling much better, but Claire still felt terrible so she wasn't too interested in any of the fesitivities.
Leaving Santa cookies and milk
Christmas morning - Santa came! This is what Truett and Claire woke up too...




Truett LOVED his jeep! I think Claire would have beem more excited if she would have felt better, but she did enjoy sitting in the jeep with Truett. We then braved the cold weather of the morning to let Truett cruise around in his jeep until it was time to get ready to get back on the road for our last stop of the week at Rhett's grandparents on his Dad's side of the family.
Truett and Claire holding hands in the car
After that, we headed back to my mom's house to spend some more time with my brother and his family who were here from Kerrville. We had fun playing the new Wii (thanks Mom!) and spending time together.
As you can see, we had an extremely busy week, but we wouldn't trade it for anything. We had a great time with friends and family and this year was especially fun at our house with Truett being at the age where he understands Santa and what Christmas is all about. We are truly blessed to be surrounded by so many great people!




1 comment:
OMG, I absolutely love that picture of Truett and Claire in his Jeep! Looks like Santa was good to your babies ;)
And, might I add, what an enormous family you have! How wonderful to get to have so many celebrations with so many people! I'm so glad you had such a good time!
Post a Comment