Every year when I decorate my Christmas tree, I have a certain way I like to arrange the ornaments. I get out my 'special' ones first and put them right in front where they can be seen, then fill in with the other ornaments and ribbon. This year we had so many special ornaments that we really didn't even need many other balls or ornaments. I realized then that our tree tells our story...at least since the time Rhett and I got married. It begins with our 1st Christmas together...an ornament we bought on our honeymoon in Durango, CO. Then we have ornaments we bought on vacation to various places...one of which includes a pink flamingo from Kemah, TX, which is near Galveston. Then came our second, third, and fourth Christmas together. After that we started buying ornaments for Truett marking his first Christmas and other ornaments we let him pick out, then his 2nd and 3rd Christmas. Last year we added ornaments for Claire's 1st Christmas and this year one for her 2nd Christmas.
A few days ago Truett noticed one of our ornaments with 2 snowmen from before we had children. He asked, "Why are there no babies here?" It was so cute. I had to explain to him that not too long ago, Mommy and Daddy didn't have Truett and Claire.
This whole concept got me thinking...I can only imagine what kind of story our tree will tell 5, 10, 20, or even 50 years from now...
just a few of our "special" ornaments




4 comments:
Awww, that's a great tree! I feel the same way about our tree. There's no designer tree in this house-just a tree filled with special ornaments!
awww, that is incredibly precious.
I nominate you for Blogster of the year....outstanding photos and commentary....beautiful...DDH
Awww I love it! Our tree is like that as well.
Post a Comment