I know everyone gets tired of reading super long posts, but forgive me because I'm just going to include all of our updates in one big fat post...
Our newest addition, Cooper, is adjusting extremely well and is doing great with the potty training (hallelujah!). By day 2 he was already making himself at home and getting into everything. His favorite place is now the kids playroom...you can only imagine how many little toys he finds in there...at least it's an incentive to keep them picked up right!? We've barely had him over a week, but I know he's already grown quite a bit.
Truett has been having fun cruising in his Power Wheels jeep that Santa brought him. It doesn't matter how cold it is, he still wants to drive it all the time! He has also been hauling stuff around in it for Rhett while he's building an addition to our fence to keep Cooper contained when he is outside. Truett never ceases to amaze me. Just when I think he's too little or too young to do something, he suprises me everytime and does it beyond well. One example is that my mom got us a Wii for Christmas and a few days later Truett was already telling us which buttons to push and what to do. :-)
Now on to my sweet Claire Bear. She is walking 100% of the time now and is getting much more stable and faster. She must be going through a growth spurt because she wants to eat 24/7! She had her 1 year well-visit today with Dr. Zeitouni and to our surprise, she had ear infections in both ears....uggh, the dreaded ear infections are back! We had no idea...she wasn't showing any symptoms at all. So, we got some meds and will be going back in 2 weeks to re-evaluate and more than likely be referred to an ENT to have tubes put in her ears because of the amount of infections she's had in her short life + the fact that fluid is constantly on her left ear, which is a breeding ground for infections. We both also think that it's causing (temporary) hearing problems, which in turn is causing speech problems. I have been concerned about Claire's lack of language and now I know why...the poor kid can't hear very well! I'm kicking myself now for not taking her to Dr. Z. (in LBK) instead of our doctor here. Don't get me wrong, he's a great guy, but I don't like the way he has handled Claire's ear issues at all and I really think these tubes should have been put in MONTHS ago. Anyway, there was also a spot on her head I was concerned about, but Dr. Z says it's just another hemangioma that we need to watch and make sure it doesn't grow too much.
In other Kerby household news Rhett and I have been shopping for a new couch...something a bit bigger that will seat a few more people. Good thing we have craigslist to sell our old couch, haha! We're also planning a weekend trip in a few weekends...just Rhett and I! We haven't done anything by ourselves since before Truett was born, 3 1/2 years ago, so it's been a long time coming. My mom and sister are gracious enough to help with the kiddos, including lil' Cooper. We're really looking forward to it!
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Sounds like things are going well. Poor Claire-I hope she feels better soon! Keep us updated on the ear problems. Your trip sounds so exciting!
Poor ClaireBear...I hope everything gets sorted out VERY soon...and that she feels 100x better!
Post a Comment