I know I said I wasn't going to post pics of Truett's room until it was completely finished, but well, I changed my mind! :-) Mainly because I don't know when exactly it will be finished. I'm waiting for some more creative ideas to hit me. I decided on a 'vintage transportation' theme after coming across some really cute finds at Hobby Lobby. The rules for Truett's room re-decoration project were: no new bedding, paint, or furniture and I wanted to stay around $100 or less. I have not hung everything up yet because I want to wait until I finish making the other decorations. I really like what I've done so far though! While brainstorming the transporation theme I immediately thought of license plates....vintage, old, bent, rusted license plates...and they HAD to be in the colors I wanted...blue, red, white, yellow. I found the perfect ones on eBay and even got a route 66 sign to go with them. I used those for the focal point above Truett's headboard.
Here are some paper mache letters that I decorated with twine, scrapbooking paper, and some old rusty nuts, bolts, etc.. These have special meaning because the nuts and bolts came from the toolbox of Truett's PaPa who passed away 10 1/2 months ago. It feels really special to have a little piece of him in there.
I have a few more projects in the works. I want to redo the letters that spell Truett's name...just haven't decided how I want to do them yet. I also want to create some large artwork using these pictures and others like them...I'm thinking maybe 2 large pieces of artwork and a collage with smaller pictures of the car parts...







5 comments:
I love those pictures!! That is such a cute idea... and the nuts and bots from PaPa are just priceless, very precious. Good work!! You are THE mama of all MAMAS! :)
LOVE it so far...and the '66' sign sticks out a lot more than you were originally thinking...it does to me anyway!
i like the pics alot. I had a triangle road sign i think "men at work" or something and it came down and bopped the boys in the head. steer away from triangle shaped ones..lol! i like the actual licences plates though. we have some from our california cars in JP's room
What a wonderful idea! You really have an eye for things.
I can't wait to see the finished product!
Post a Comment