Monday, April 6, 2009

learning the family business?

Rhett's family is full of professional photographers....his mom, his grandma, his uncle, and his great aunt. Now, I love pictures and I do enjoy taking pictures, but do not consider myself to be a photographer at all. I guess Rhett's mom thought otherwise when she got me a small photography gig in Muleshoe this past weekend. It was really like this great opportunity was just dropped into my lap. I guess she saw something in me that I did not know existed.

I have a professional camera....I just don't know what to do with it. :-) So, my mother in law went along with me and gave me pointers about posing, lighting, shadows, etc... I think the pictures turned out really good, especially for the setting we were working in. I definitely want to get some more practice and try it again. Once I get them uploaded to my portfolio, I'll post about it here.

I look forward to our next shooting...yes OUR next shooting. My mother in law kind of left photography when everyone went digital, but wants to get back into it so I'm hoping we can both teach each other what we know and do a few jobs together. Until then, I'll be practicing on everyone else in our family.

1 comment:

Abby Reed said...

How cool! Maybe you and your MIL can go into business together!!! :) What kinda pro camera do you have? I'm about to invest in a Canon 50D.... eeek!