Monday, January 25, 2010

Claire's Big Girl Bed

Bye Bye baby crib, hello big girl bed! Claire has been sleeping in her 'big girl' bed for 5 nights now. We tried to make it a big deal with her 'new bed' but she wasn't impressed. She kept saying she wanted her 'old bed' back. We didn't really have anywhere to put the crib so for a few days we had both beds in her bedroom and I don't think that was such a good idea...it made the process drag out too far. We finally just had to make the decision to get rid of the crib. I took Claire to town to distract her while Rhett and Truett put the crib into storage. When we got home she asked where her old bed was, but didn't seem to mind. She got right into her bed and slept all night like a little angel. She is still doing great. The only downside is that she knows she can get out of bed so you can guarantee after you lay her down she'll be coming down the hall looking for me at least once. It is unbelievable that she is now potty trained and sleeping in a big girl bed!

Claire, 2 years and 2 months old

3 comments:

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I'm glad she's doing so well with it. Lexie loves her crib, and every time we ask if she wants a bed, she says no! At this rate, she'll still be sleeping in it when she's 4! I love the bedding you picked out!

DDH said...

Way to go Claire!!!..

kim said...

we are still only half committed to potty tarining. if it wasn't for me being so lazy Sofia would be. LOL. seriously, I am not giving it my all in that department. getting up and off the couch 20 times in one day or more seems so exhausting to me right now...lol. yes I am terrible.