Life with a 4 1/2 year old and a 2 year old is never boring...that I can guarantee. It seems like the past 6 months we have just been getting busier and busier with different activities. No more being at home all the time with the kids. Now it's running here and there and everywhere. When we do get quiet time at home it is SO nice and enjoyable.
Truett is adjusting to pre-K well. His days are much longer than they were at pre-school and he eats breakfast and lunch there. He took to it like a champ and never thought twice. He's doing great. He has 'homework' every Monday night and he actually looks forward to the homework...yes, I do realize this will probably change. :-) The first several days he was starving and exhausted when he got home, which means an earlier bedtime and mommy had to think up more healthy snack ideas! Today was much better. He wasn't crying for a snack and wasn't exhausted either. We're so proud of him! It also seems like lately he has grown SOOO much! I'll have to see how tall he is tomorrow, but I know he weighs 49 pounds! His face and limbs look like they have really filled out lately.
Little Miss Claire is doing lots of growing up herself. We have been working diligently on potty training with her since she is now 2. She has done awesome! Much better than I remember Truett doing. We also bought her 'big girl' furniture and have it all set it up in her bedroom. Unfortunately, the crib is still in there also so right now she refuses to sleep in her big bed, which is OK. No rush. Once we think she's really ready we'll make an event of taking the crib down and giving to another baby then I know she'll do great in her big bed. To make things easy on myself when changing her room, I decided to stick with the same color scheme. That way most of her decor can be used again or just changed up a bit.
What have Rhett and I been doing? Well, for the past 2 weeks or so we have been working on different areas of the house. Our goal has been to organize and make everything in our house more functional and user friendly. Several of our cabinets, closets, storage areas, desk, etc.. were becoming too cluttered and not functional at all. I am loving the progress so far!
Monday, January 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
sounds great. patrick was in a pre-k like that originally too with breakfast and lunch there as well but he didn't like it and he kept having accidents there. I think he wasn't ready for that. He is in a nursery school easier program now.
Post a Comment