So the day after my last post we drove 90 miles (one way) to get a 2nd opinion. We had already spoken with the dentist and his assistants many times on the phone and even emailed the x-rays from Truett's previous dental visit. The dentist was GREAT. I hate that he's so far away, but we will definitely be going back. In fact, both kids have appointments with him for check-ups and cleanings in May.
Anyway, the dentist was very confident that a pulpotomy (baby root canal) would do the trick and he would be able to save the tooth. Root canals on baby teeth are much easier than adult root canals and not so time consuming and painful. Since most of the stuff in the tooth was already dead and Truett was such a big boy...they didn't even have to use pain meds = no shot! They actually asked us to wait in the waiting room because kids that age typically do better without their parents there. I didn't like it at first, but really think it was for the best. Truett would have wanted me or for sure would have sensed my fear. I sat in the waiting room, shaking! I was texting and doing other random things on my phone just to keep myself busy. After about 15 minutes they brought Truett out and said he did wonderful...never acted scared or anything. I asked Truett what they did and he said, 'Oh, they just looked at my tooth!' I was in shock that it was so easy! Yes, the tooth is a tad-bit gray. You really can only tell under extreme fluorescent lighting, but I feel we made the right decision. I was so relieved to have this whole ordeal behind us and that Truett is pain free and had a wonderful dental experience!
Monday, March 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
wow no meds? what a brave little boy! glad things are better
Post a Comment