Today marks 1 year since the terrible accident that threatened to claim the life of my brother, Chris. I will never forget the phone call I received from my mom, or the pure fear I experienced on that day and the few following months. Just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes every single time. It puts a pit in my stomach and I can still FEEL the anguish I felt at that time. I can honestly say it was the scariest time of my life.
I remember how I felt trying to rush to Arizona to see him, then once I got there I was terrified to actually go in that ICU room. I remember feeling helpless...when Chris did open his eyes for a few seconds at a time I remember the fear in his eyes, not knowing what was going on.
Since the accident, I see life totally different now. It really opened my eyes and the eyes of everyone in my family as to what is really important in life and to not take anything or anyone for granted.
There hasn't been a day since the accident that it hasn't crossed my mind. I have praised God every single day that Chris is still with us and recovering well. We love you Chris!




1 comment:
Praise God, indeed. I'm so happy that he is doing well!
Post a Comment