Sunday, November 14, 2010

my adventure in canning...

Rhett and I have tried our hand at canning once before. I was hugely pregnant with Truett at the time and we made wild plum jelly. That was over 5 years ago. Since then Rhett's Grammy showed us how to can pickles. Well last night I decided to try 2 canning recipes...pear honey and apple butter. I'll let you know how it turns out...

1 comment:

Don H. said...

Wild plum jelly...I drove past where those plums came from yesterday!...hard to believe that was five years ago...

You and Rhett gave us a jar...muy bueno...much better I thought that 'store-bought'.. stores just cannot immitate the 'love' that goes into it I guess...

Heard about Rhett's Grandfather's passing a couple of days ago...I met him once at your house...I'm sure he had a life well-lived and well -loved...

Glad to see you're back on 'the blogerooski'....I've missed seeing Truett and Claire and your writing skills...

Have fun....