Thursday, December 2, 2010

birthday details...

Well, it's official...our ClaireBear is now THREE years old! We had her party this past Sunday at our house for family and a few friends from church. Since Claire loves Minnie Mouse of course she had a Minnie Mouse birthday party. Now when it comes to parties I just don't know when to stop. I love decorating and I love crafts and creating cool things. I think this time I was in a litte over my head though. I handmade this birthday banner... and handmade all of the invitations... and made her cake... and made her Minnie birthday shirt... and separated grapes and oranges into tiny little cupcake liners, put candied popcorn in treat bags tied with ribbon and little Minnie cut-outs, and all sorts of other things. Of course, most of these things got put off until 2 days before the party since both kids were sick basically most of the Thanksgiving holiday. I'm so thankful that Rhett helped me do all the other things that had to be done other than what I mentioned above, like cleaning and other jobs around the house. You see, not only am I a party and craft nazi, I am also a nazi about my house. It MUST be spotless top to bottom when we have people coming over...of course it's clean most of the time, but extra extra clean on special occasions. So, once the party was over and the last guests left, I felt like I had been trampled. I was exhausted and ached all over. Two days later I was finally feeling like myself again, looking for another project to take on....

Enough about me...Claire had a great time at her party. She got barbies, purses, jewelry, nail polish, etc... You know, all the things little girls love. Oddly enough, that night and the next day she was actually crying and sad because she said she didn't want to be three...she wants to stay 2. I felt so bad for her. When you're that age things are constantly changing and you're growing everyday.

You didn't think I would end this post without showing a few past photos of our ClaireBear to get me all teary eyed and sappy did you!?....

2 comments:

kim said...

wow i love all those decorations. i love that shirt especially.

my mom is a cleaning nazi--we actually call her that all the time. She is not used to the mess that 6 kids create so she is constantly frantically cleaning in case someone stops by.

Ida said...

Kylee, you are my HERO! I remember those days when my kids were little (now they are older than you)....seems like yesterday...and its been about that long since I did anything crafty! Kids very much do make you use your imagination more than normal. I think mine is dormant!