Wednesday, January 19, 2011

changes are comin....

I have been putting off this blog post for a few days now because I wanted our closest friends and family to hear the news directly from us and not via facebook or my blog. We will be moving to Muleshoe next month sometime. Rhett is starting a new job on February 7th and once we find a house and all those details are worked out we will be moving.

It seems so surreal to be typing this because early last week I had NO clue that this week we would be facing such a difficult decision. It's kind of a long story so I'll do my best to sum it up. Rhett has been praying about his job lately, asking for guidance. Out of the blue he was presented with 3 different job offers over the span of 2 days. The other 2 did not work out, but this one just seemed right. Of course it was NOT an easy decision, but we genuinely feel that God is leading us there and that this is what we're supposed to do. Many tears have been shed over this decision...leaving the awesome people we've met here, leaving our church, leaving the house we have worked so hard on, changing Truett to a different school, starting my photography business elsewhere, and of course, leaving a government job! We are scared, we are sad, we are excited and confused and happy and just about every emotion you can be right now. This move will put us in the same town as Rhett's parents and a lot closer to my mom, which will be great! Even with all the emotions I can't help but feel comforted because I feel in my heart we are doing what God is leading us to do.

Yesterday I had to make a difficult phone call to probably the person in Brownfield I will miss the most...my good friend Janice. She has been like a mom and a best friend to me since she met me. We have a special relationship in that I am currently living in the house that she grew up in and she lives 2 doors down. I am going to miss her terribly and was very sad to tell her the news. Last year she bought me a great book titled, 'Jesus Calling' and she immediately told me to go read the passage for that day (Jan 18). As soon as I hung up I went straight to my book and here is what it says for that day (the day we made the decision to move)...

"I am leading you along the high road, but there are descents as well as ascents. In the distance you see snow-covered peaks glistening in brilliant sunshine. Your longing to reach those peaks is good, but you must not take shortcuts. Your assignment is to follow Me, allowing Me to direct your path. Let the heights beckon you onward, but stay close to Me. Learn to trust me. Disruptions to your routine highlight your dependence on Me. Trusting acceptance of trials brings blessings that far outweigh them all. Walk hand in hand with Me through this day. I have lovingly planned every inch of the way. Trust does not falter when the path becomes rocky and steep. Breathe deep draughts of My presence, and hold tightly to My hand. Together we can make it!" - John 21:19, 2 Corinthians 4:17, and Habakkuk 3:19

5 comments:

DDH said...

Kylee:

Rhett told me this today at a meeting we both attended, which I appreciated...

It told me that he thought enough of me to tell me personally something that was very personal to himself and his family...

You wrote so beautifully about all the different emotions...and jobs and finances and change are always scary. But I know Rhett well enough to know that he will do well whatever he is doing and wherever he is..

For what it is worth, I have the same good feeling about it somehow...and both Ida and I are excited for each of you for your new opportunities and challenges...

It seems God lead you, answered you, helped you, wanted you to do fabulous things in Muleshoe...so receive it and don't look back!!....

All the happiness and good things in the world to each of you..

Ida said...

Kylee, I can certainly feel what you must be going through. You're comfortable where you are, but its time to go "home". I bet your families are ecstatic at the news. Rhett, good luck in your new job. Don is very envious, I know. We will miss knowing you are close, but as long as you continue the blog, Kylee, you are just a computer click away.

Are you still going to bring the kids by trick or treating?! WHAT? You think that's too far to drive?! Oh NO! :)

You will be missed, but what a blessing you have been to everybody that knows you here in B'fld.

We love all you kids...good luck in all you do.

Ida again said...

Also!!! THANK YOU for all you've done to help us! Those Lasagna meals, and Rhett...all the help with our yard while Don was laid up....and just being our friends. We appreciate you so much!!

Your parents should be very proud!

~Amanda~ said...

I'm excited for y'all! Moving has sooo many emotions both good and bad but it turns out to all be ok in the end :) Hope y'all find a perfect house and everything goes smoothly with the move..

~Amanda~ said...

I'm excited for y'all! Moving has sooo many emotions both good and bad but it turns out to all be ok in the end :) Hope y'all find a perfect house and everything goes smoothly with the move..