Friday, January 7, 2011

love and OXO

Let me start out by saying I'm pretty excited about getting back into blogging. I'm thinking about a new blog name and a new look as well. I want to blog more about things I like and enjoy such as crafts, baking, organizing, as well as still keep everyone updated on our family. With that said...

Over Christmas I baked a tremendous amount of goodies...around 15 dozen cookies, fudge, dozens of chocolate covered pretzels, etc... I realized quickly that my baking ingredients...mainly sacks of flour, sugar, powdered sugar, and brown sugar were just not cutting it for me anymore. I was tired of clouds of flour puffing out everytime I opened and closed the flour bag. I was even more tired of flour and all types of sugars ended up on my countertops instead of the bowl where they were intended to go. I vowed to find a product to make my life in the kitchen easier.

So, a few weeks later I was in Kohls and fell in love with the OXO Good Grips POP containers. They become air tight with the simple push of a button. I was so excited I texted Rhett telling him about these OXO containers...he became confused and thought I was telling him I loved him with the 'OXO' ...haha. Well, after I saw the price I probably should have been buttering him up a little with some XOXO's. :-) I loved these containers, but sadly, not the price. I came home and researched them online...waited a few days until they went on sale, found a 20% off coupon to add to the sale, and a free shipping coupon. A few days later I became the proud owner of 12 of these beautiful containers. I have already filled most of them up with my flour, wheat flour, sugar, powdered sugar, and brown sugar. I'm still trying to decide what to put in the rest. Just looking at them makes me happy! I would even venture to say that I LOVE them...yes I realize that makes me sound crazy for loving containers, but it's true. They are so perfect and neat and clean and air tight...couldn't live without that. Before this, all my supplies were kept in the freezer to keep the mealworms out. Don't tell Rhett, but I love them so much I'm considering buying more! Pretty soon everything in my house is going to be in OXO POP containers! (just kidding, sort of.)
here they are...

I plan on making cute labels for them like the ones below with my handy dandy Cricut cutting machine and some adhesive vinyl...more on that later! This picture is from another blog I enjoy reading...http://houseofsmiths.blogspot.com

1 comment:

DDH said...

Like you new 'name' and design...