Sunday, December 19, 2010

All I want for Christmas is my 2 front teeth

Last month Truett hit a very big milestone in the life of a little kid. Can you guess what it is by looking at this photo?


closer...can you see it?closer...see it yet?
even closer...
Yep, our little boy lost his first tooth...and then his 2nd tooth within a matter of days after the first one. Several weeks ago Truett hit his chin on a table in the living room and it knocked his teeth together....causing lots of blood and 2 loose teeth. I was horrified that he had knocked 2 teeth loose from just a little bump. A few days later they started to tighten back up. Then we took both kids for their dental checkups and I mentioned to the dentist how he had knocked those teeth loose (by this time Truett had wiggled them loose again) so they decided to do an x-ray and found out exactly why they got knocked loose so easily...his permanent teeth were already coming through and pushing them out! One was very very loose...to the point it was grossing me out. We went to Rhett's parents after the dental visit and Rhett just barely tugged on his tooth and it came right out. Truett looked at him and said, "What did you just do?" then when he noticed it was bleeding he started panicking and screaming. Mention of the tooth fairy got his attention though!! A few days later the other tooth next to the first one was very loose and Rhett did the same thing. After Rhett pulled it Truett kept asking "Did you pull it?" "Did you pull it?" He wanted to know if he pulled it so he'd know whether to cry or not...haha. I thought it was hilarious because Truett kept asking if Rhett pulled it then when we finally told him 2-3 minutes later that we indeed pulled it...THEN he decided to cry. I can't believe my 5 1/2 year old boy is already loosing teeth!! That is the first step in being a big kid!
P.S. - We did meet Minnie and I have several pics of it. I'll get them up soon! Luckily it wasn't anything like your experience with Minnie!

No comments: