Friday, December 17, 2010

Day 1: Journey to Orlando and EPCOT

**I HAVE NO IDEA WHY PART OF THIS POST IS UNDERLINED. I ALSO DID NOT WANT TO RE TYPE IT SO BEAR WITH ME :-)**
Well I decided to blog about each day of our trip separately to make it a little more manageable for me. So, we left on a Friday morning. Our flight left at 6:55 and we live an hour away from the airport. I had to set my alarm for 3:45 am...not cool! I was so excited to get to Disneyworld I had no problems jumping out of bed though! This was the first time for both kids to fly so it was quite an adventure for them. We spent most of the day flying, changing planes, etc... Kids did great on the airplanes. As Rhett's dad would say, Truett is like a "horse when you open the pen"....as soon as he stepped off the plane he would go crazy and want to run around and jump on everything. Can't say that I blame him though! We finally made it to the Orlando airport and rode a Disney bus to our resort. I was very sick to my stomach all day due to some meds I was given the previous day...so flying was NOT fun for me. I really wanted to go to bed once we arrived, but we had reservations at an awesome place for dinner. You see, you have to make all of your dinner reservations ahead of time...which I didn't find out until 2 weeks before our trip. I was very disappointed because it seemed like all the good places were already booked. One night I was up late on the computer and just decided to do one more search and the ONE place I had been wanting to go so badly had an opening! I was so excited I about fell out of my chair trying to get to my purse to find a debit card in order to hold our reservations. This place is a Norwegian restaurant where all of the Disney princesses come to your table and take photos with the kids. I knew Claire would absolutely love it. So, once we arrived at our resort we immediately got on another bus and headed to Epcot. We didn't have time to do much other than do a quick walk around the park, ride a few things and eat. I was right, Claire loved the princesses. As soon as we walked in they had Belle from Beauty and the Beast waiting to take photos. Claire ran up to her and hugged her and blew her kisses when her turn was over. It was SO sweet...just to think that her life is still very much like a fairy tale and it's so sweet. Rhett even teared up a little watching her. Afterwards we watched the fireworks and headed back to our room...where everyone was asleep within a matter of minutes...we were exhausted!

going down the hall onto the airplane for the 1st time!
Claire and Belle

Sleeping Beauty
Snow White
Cinderella
They brought Claire a cupcake for her birthday, even though it was a few weeks prior.
fireworks!


1 comment:

DDH said...

Where was Mimnnie Mouse?

When I was there, we stood in line for two hours in the broiling hot sun with no shade to get an autograph from Mimmie...
All we saw of her was a quick wave as she came out of one building and went into another...
The 'attendant guy' said it was 'too hot'!!

Looks like a fun time.....glad you're back safe...